We are looking for an efficient, courteous Cashier who possesses excellent customer service skills. The Cashier will scan the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information to customers products, promotions, or item location. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
- Following all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol or cigarettes.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service or Cashier experience.
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items, and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent service.
- Attention to detail.
- Helpful, courteous approach to resolving complaints.
We are hiring a Customer Service Representative to manage customer queries and complaints. You will also be asked to process orders, modifications, and escalate complaints across a number of communication channels. To do well in this role you need to be able to remain calm when customers are frustrated and have experience working with computers.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries.
- Communicating with customers through various channels.
- Acknowledging and resolving customer complaints.
- Knowing our products inside and out so that you can answer questions.
- Processing orders, forms, applications, and requests.
- Keeping records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints.
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Managing a team of junior customer service representatives.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent.
- Ability to stay calm when customers are stressed or upset.
- Comfortable using computers.
- Experience working with customer support.
MVR Cash and Carry is seeking a Technology Manager with hands on IT experience in a retail / wholesale environment. Reporting directly to the President, responsibilities of this role encompass overseeing the hardware/software needs of the company including retail POS, merchant terminals, desktop computers, printers, scanners and scales.
- Investigate, research and trouble shoot IT related challenges;
- Maintain all hardware/software for retail POS, merchant terminals, desktops, printers, scanners and scales;
- Maintain and create reports using queries in SQL Server and Microsoft Access;
- Liaison with all maintenance providers to ensure all hardware and software is maintained;
- Oversee software licences and renewals;
- Perform new user training and communication of IT policies and procedures; and
- Other projects and responsibilities to support the department.
- Proficient in SQL Server and Microsoft Access Reporting;
- Must have CompTIA A+ or equivalent certification;
- Minimum 2+ years of experience of troubleshooting in a Windows 2008/2012 AD environment;
- College Certificate in an IT related field;
- Proficiency in desktop and mobile hardware, Windows 10 and MS Office 2016/365;
- General desktop and application troubleshooting experience in a LAN/WAN environment;
- Experience Troubleshooting problems on the following equipment: PC equipment, tablets, smart phones, scanners, fax machines, scales, retail POS and merchant terminals;
- Past experience in a retail / wholesale environment an asset;
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate with others;
- Proven track record in troubleshooting;
- Strong analytical skills; and
- Ability to set priorities, multitask and work within constantly changing priorities.
Job Type: Full Time
Compensation: Competitive salary and health benefits
Start: February 2020
About MVR Cash and Carry:
MVR Cash and Carry is a food wholesaler and food equipment supplier situated in the heart of Toronto serving restaurants, convenience stores, independent grocery chains, caterers, bakeries, distributors and non-profit organizations. MVR Cash and Carry is a family owned and operated business that has become known as a “one stop shop” for retailers and food establishments. MVR carries everything from fresh produce and specialty meat selections to all food related supplies and culinary equipment.
Why work at MVR?
MVR Cash and Carry is a thriving business which continues to develop and expand. Our store is in a central, easy to get to location with free parking. As an employee, you will be able to take advantage of discounts on store items. The store is open during regular business hours so there is no shift work.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job is also known as IT Manager, Computer Information Systems Manager (CIS) Application IT Manager, Applications IT, Technology Specialist, Data Management.
MVR Cash and Carry is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. MVR Cash and Carry believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.